To support Carers with benefit application forms therefore helping to maximise Carers income. Most Carers struggle financially because they do not claim the welfare benefits to which they are entitled.
We help people to claim the welfare benefits they are entitled to by matching a trained Volunteer and filling in the forms on their behalf. This can include scribing where a Carer has additional needs, online to assist them or face to face.
A welfare benefits advisor needs:
▪ Empathy and patience.
▪ A professional, friendly and approachable manner.
▪ Attention to detail.
▪ A non-judgemental approach.
▪ Willingness to learn about benefits and participate in ongoing training.
▪ To work with integrity.
▪ To work within DCCS’s policies and procedures including GDPR.
Once trained, you can commit to as many or as few clients per week as you wish. Each form can take between 1 – 3 hours. There are quarterly meetings that provide support and additional training to keep up with new legislation and peer support sessions which you are expected to attend 2 of the 4 from in a yearly period.
Successful applicants would need to undergo training sessions on teams or in person and these sessions can be arranged on days mutually suitable for the trainees and DCCS.
We will provide initial and ongoing training to help you develop your knowledge and skills.
▪ We will continue to support you in your role, providing information and advice
▪ We will discuss with you any problems you may have with your role, or any
concerns we have.
▪ We will reimburse reasonable, approved out of pocket expenses