Are you someone who would like to stay in shape, help save the planet and raise funds to save lives? Volunteering in your local furniture store warehouse could be the answer. We need Warehouse Volunteers to keep our stock moving from the van to the warehouse and sales floor, and back to the van for delivery when items are sold.
This role can be physical but it’s not just moving furniture around. There are other opportunities to help in our warehouse, such as warehouse logistics, booking stock in, building our flat-packed furniture, and testing electrical items – you can try different roles. You will help protect the environment through recycling while helping us create a world free from the fear of heart disease.
Typical tasks include:
· Safely lifting and carrying a range of furniture items by hand
· Ensuring the warehouse is always kept clean, safe and organised
· Dealing with van deliveries to the shop and preparing deliveries for customers
· Building flat-pack furniture for display purposes and carrying out light furniture repairs if confident alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
· Re-stocking furniture on the shop floor as items are sold
No skills required as full training is given. Must be fit and able to lift heavy items
124 Newgate Street
Training, Flexibility, Travel expenses, Qualifications through Derby College, Staff Discount on Donated stock and new goods