Responsible to the Central Support Team, the Volunteer Painter & Decorator will work within the Central Support Services Team to undertake painting & decorating duties in a timely and efficient manner.
• You will have the necessary experience to be able to work to a good standard with the minimum of supervision.
• You will need to carry out duties as and when required, ensuring workspaces are kept clean, clear and free from obstruction.
• Tasks will include basic painting and decorating within the Hospice and, on occasion, our 8 shops across County Durham.
• You will need to be competent in safely using a range of tools and equipment which could include hand tools and power tools.
This role will suit people who are…
• Skilled in a range of painting and decorating techniques
• Flexible and willing to help other team members when required
• Honest and reliable
It is also essential that you can demonstrate our values of Compassion, Respect, Integrity, Professionalism, Choice and Reputation. They define who we are and what we do as a high quality care provider and high quality place to volunteer.
You should have:
• Sound skills, knowledge and experience in painting and decorating
• Basic understanding of the health and safety at work regulations
Times to be discussed with the Central Support team. but ideally once per week.
Location is St Cuthbert’s Hospice, Park House Road, Durham, DH1 3QF with occasional travel and work in one of our 8 shops in County Durham.
We value our volunteers and want your experience to be both positive and fulfilling. We offer a comprehensive induction programme and any appropriate instruction, guidance or training to assist you in your volunteer role. We ask that any essential training is completed either prior to you starting with us or within three months of starting. You will receive ongoing support from the Central Support team in carrying out this volunteer role.
Any agreed out of pocket expenses that are incurred when carrying out your volunteer role will be reimbursed.
As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to meet new people and become part of a friendly, caring team who are committed to help make every day count for people affected by life-limiting illness.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for this volunteer role