Ushaw Historic House, Chapels & Gardens is looking to recruit new members to its dedicated team of Heritage Preservation Volunteers.
The Ushaw estate, comprising a Georgian country house and a suite of significant Victorian Gothic Revival chapels are of considerable architectural significance.
Like all estates of this age and nature, our buildings require constant attention in order to preserve them for future generations.
We are looking for reliable and able volunteers with a range of general and specific maintenance skills to assist us in preserving this important aspect of Durham’s heritage. Duties may include minor roof repairs, electrical work, plumbing and heating, remedial attention to stonework and interior and exterior painting and decoration. There may also be opportunities to contribute to exhibition installation and display.
We are looking for people who may have some maintenance skills such as building, painting, plumbing, electrical, etc.
Ushaw Historic House, Chapels and Gardens
● working alongside the maintenance team
● Full training appropriate to the role and a ‘buddy’ to provide ongoing support
● Corporate induction
● Ongoing training opportunities
● Regular contact with the Volunteer Coordinator to discuss issues in relation to the volunteer role.
● Become part of a passionate and committed team
● Meet a wide range of people from around the world
● Privileged access to a diverse heritage and cultural programme
● The chance to develop new skills and experience
Alongside this you will also be given:
● Free Annual Membership
● Free invitation to launch events
● Volunteer social events
● 20% discount in the gift shop
● £6 off food and a beverage per day worked (conditions apply)
Our volunteer opportunities are open to anyone over the age of 18.
All our volunteer opportunities ae base on site at Ushaw Historic House Chapels and Gardens,
We are open to everyone.