We are looking for additional Cycle Marshalls to join our current team. New marshals will support the delivery of a series of marshal-led rides for PCP, which currently take place Monday and Wednesday mornings from the Pioneering Care Centre. Beginners’ sessions are on Mondays and intermediate sessions are on Wednesdays. Rides range from 1 – 2 hours depending on the ability of the group and commence at 10.00 am.
Riders can either provide their own equipment or PCP has a limited supply of bikes and helmets that can be borrowed.
• Lead groups on rides at a suitable pace
• To be responsible for first aid on rides (training will be provided)
• To be responsible for basic maintenance and to report any repairs needed to PCP equipment
• To be responsible for the completion of paperwork required by PCP and Cycle UK
• To assist with the planning of routes and risk assessing the activity
• To ensure that the appropriate precautions are taken for each ride including the riders register and ICE cards
• To adhere to PCP policies and procedures
We are looking for a confident cyclist, that feels able to lead groups of cyclists with varying abilities on mixed routes (on roads and cycle paths). You should be:
• Reliable and honest
• Have a friendly and flexible attitude and be approachable
• Be well organised and a team player
• Have good communication skills
• Have a understanding of confidentiality
Pioneering Care Partnership
Carers Way, Newton Aycliffe, County Durham , DL5 5SF
PCP is a well-respected award-winning health and wellbeing charity with a history spanning almost 25 years. Working across the North East of England we deliver a vast array of projects and services. Which all work towards PCPs mission, or charitable objective is: Health, Wellbeing and Learning for All
PCP Aims to improve health and wellbeing through the development and provision of:
• Services that build capacity with individuals and communities to improve their own health and have greater choice and control;
• Projects/services that tackle health inequalities; and
• Providing locally accessible services in community settings;
You can be a part of team that supports communities across the Northeast and will meet new people, gain new skills and experience.
Minimum age 18.