We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Management Committee and help grow our activities.
You would be working as part of a dedicated group of volunteers to direct and develop the Fulforth Centre and our programme of activities, alongside the Chair of Trustees and the Project Development Worker.
* Acting as Committee Member with oversight of the Community Association and its activities (option to become a Trustee of the registered charity);
* Attending monthly Committee meetings (on Tuesday evenings) to review and monitor progress and agree further development;
* Ensuring that the charity is carrying out its purposes as appropriate;
* Volunteering to help at community events e.g. Christmas Extravaganza and Party in the Park;
* Taking on other voluntary responsibilities depending on your skills, experience and interest.
* Ability to listen
* Willingness to challenge ideas and steer the direction of the project
* Good interpersonal skills
* Time to dedicate to the project
We are particularly looking for people with skills and experience to oversee these areas (or a willingness to learn!):
* Maintenance and Health & Safety
* Social media and marketing
We'd still like to hear from you if you don't have these specific skills and are interested in a general Committee position.
The Fulforth Centre, Front Street, Sacriston, DH7 6JT
Meetings take place on the first Tuesday of the month, 7-8pm
Induction and training given
Opportunity to access training courses through Durham Community Action
Support from Chair of Trustees
An opportunity to support local people and the work in the local community.
A chance to influence what happens in the local community and steer the direction of the project.
Gain skills and experience in community development, and project and event management.