The Willows Café is at the heart of the community and is a welcoming safe space for everyone to come and have a hot meal, meet people and find out what is going on in the local community. It is a friendly and bustling meeting place offering home-cooked food to generate income for Willow Burn Hospice.
The cafe is open, Monday to Friday 10:00am - 2:30pm. We serve tasty home cooked food, with a varied menu of breakfasts, lunches, snacks, hot meals and drinks. Monthly theme afternoons have been extremely popular and are always sold out. This all makes it a very varied place to volunteer.
• To provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our customers.
• Assisting the café team in day to day running of the cafe.
• Serving customers promptly, courteously and with a smile.
• To ensure the tables and surrounding area are clean and tidy
• Able to take orders, operate the till and handle the money.
• Learn to prepare drinks and food as required.
• Able to undertake serving food and drinks.
• To undertake any other tasks as requested or appropriate with nature of the role.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Willingness to complete Food Hygiene Level 2 and mandatory training
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Good communication skills
• Team player
• Flexible approach to working
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Tact and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of situations
• Self-awareness and able to use initiative
• Good understanding of equality and diversity
The Willows Café - Willow Burn Hospice
Opportunities available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 10.00am - 2.30pm
Level 2 Food Hygiene
• A monthly volunteer bulletin
• A quarterly Willow Burn Newsletter
• A yearly volunteer survey
• Two annual celebration events
• 10% off in the Willows Café for all volunteers with your ID
• The Volunteer Training Passport