The ambassador is a volunteer from Willow Burn who is passionate about volunteering and fundraising. Ambassador responsibilities fall into three categories: encouraging fundraising and capturing donations, recruiting volunteers and sharing key messages about Willow Burn.
This role will take place in your town or village.
- Work with the Marketing and Fundraising Team to share Willow Burn messaging within Derwentside.
- Make appointments to see the relevant organisations in the community, following the direction of the Marketing and Fundraising Team.
- Liaise with the Marketing and Fundraising Team for appropriate marketing materials.
- Ensure any potential volunteers details are passed on the Marketing Communications Manager for processing.
- Ensure any fundraising activities are passed to the Fundraiser for support.
-Represent volunteering at key events throughout the year to encourage recruitment of new volunteers (or encourage a member of the volunteer team to attend).
- Take customer satisfaction surveys at Willow Burn events.
- Identify and mentor other potential Ambassadors
- Good communication skills with a broad spectrum of professionals
- Team player
- Flexible approach to working
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of situations
- Self-awareness and able to use initiative
- Good sense of humour
- Good understanding of equality and diversity
- Volunteer Passport Mandatory E-learning
- Travel expenses offered
- Marketing and presentation support
Throughout the year, Willow Burn also offers volunteers a number of benefits to say thank you for your dedication and to offer you the opportunity to steer your volunteer journey:
- A bi-monthly volunteer bulletin
- A quarterly Willow Burn Newsletter
- A yearly volunteer survey
-Two annual celebration events
- 10% off in the Willow Burn Shops and a special volunteer menu in the Willows Café for all volunteers with your ID