We support volunteering across a wide spectrum of interests
This includes support and training for volunteers who are actively providing local services, such as managing community buildings, running self-help groups, contributing as trustees with local charities, or co-ordinating local clubs and groups. We also collaborate with other organisations and agencies that recruit and benefit from the work of volunteers.
We support organisations, large and small, to help them recruit volunteers and to provide them with advice on policies and procedures, so that volunteers and organisations can flourish. Our help includes coordination and provision of background information, training, checks, policies and procedures that organisations and volunteers need to operate and to thrive.
Durham Community Action follows the 5 core functions linked to Volunteer Centre Quality Accreditation:
1. Strategic Development of Volunteering – engaging with local networks and decision makers to encourage volunteering to flourish.
2. Good Practice Development – improving consistency in volunteering programmes.
3. Developing Volunteering Opportunities –increasing and improving the quantity, quality and diversity of volunteering locally.
4. Voice for Volunteering – increasing the awareness of issues impacting on volunteering.
5. Brokerage – providing the general public and all sectors with access to an effective and efficient brokerage service.