The Bread and Butter Thing runs mobile affordable food clubs, supporting people in low income communities to feed themselves and their families well. Every week we offer our members access to fruit and veg, cupboard staples and fridge favourites at deeply discounted prices. But that is just the start.
Our mission is to unleash the power of food and ignite long-lasting change in struggling neighbourhoods across the UK. We build bridges out of food deserts, bringing nutritious, affordable food to the centre of the UK’s most deprived communities and nourish them. We change lives. And we give voice to the people who use us – our members. We are the everyday – the bread and butter - baked into the heart of our communities.
We need you as a warehouse volunteer, you will be a key part in what we do to help us deliver a great, diverse selection of food for our members!
This role is based in Chilton but open to all of Durham and surrounding towns to apply - We Pay Travel Expenses!!
• Assist TBBT colleagues in the warehouse with picking stock onto pallets ready to be loaded onto vans.
• Pack bags with the right stock so that we can take these into the community ready made.
• Loading the stock onto our vans – ensuring we keep the food safe and in the right temperature zone.
• Helping us keep the place clean and tidy by sorting out our recycling.
• Working in an organised way to keep the warehouse in order.
• Supporting us in stock control – making sure we can use all of the food we have to support our members.
• Clearing out any stock we can’t use to ensure we keep our warehouses safe and legal – this could be food that’s out of date or has been damaged.
Warehouse experience would be a bonus but is not essential as we will train and develop you.
We are really motivated and passionate about getting members affordable and nutritious food we need some volunteers with these qualities who can join us.
The warehouse is open Monday - Friday, from 7.00am to 6.00pm
Unit 21, Chilton Industrial Estate
All employee training will be open to you to help with your volunteering role with us.
Any expenses will be discussed be discussed in your induction.
Employability experience specifically in warehousing and references as requested.