To assist in the smooth running of the warehouse, from assisting the van driver in stock deliveries and collections to stock preparation.
· Assist with collections and deliveries of bulky items.
· Assist in loading and unloading the van.
· To maintain clear and accurate records, including gift aid forms.
· Assist with processing stock including; moving, sorting and storing goods.
· Arranging items for display in the shop.
· Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) electrical goods (where applicable).
· Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy at all times.
· To promote and apply all Age UK County Durham’s policies and in particular the Health and Safety Policy.
· To use any personal protective equipment as required.
· To wear the shop uniform
· Dependable and trustworthy
· Ability to lift large items safely following guidelines
· Have an outgoing personality and enjoy meeting new people
· Enjoy working as part of a team
· An understanding of the feelings and needs of older people
· An open-minded and non-judgemental approach
· Willingness to undertake training
Opportunities are available in our Durham Superstore, Belmont Industrial Estate and Hidden Boutique, Durham City.
You must be able to give a regular commitment to the role. A variety of shift patterns are available within the opening hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Saturday and 9.00am – 4.00pm Sundays and Bank Holidays. We encourage volunteers to stay for a minimum period of six months or the duration of a project, to make full use of the training and support offered.
Volunteers are required to complete training in
· Health and Safety
· Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
· Lift truck and warehouse safety video
· Manual Handling
· Any other training identified as applicable to this role
· An opportunity to learn new skills and use them to benefit others
· Work experience and a work reference
· A chance to meet new people
· An opportunity to contribute to and be part of the organisation
This volunteer role may be subject to a Basic DBS check
Volunteers need to be 18 years or over.