Choose a Volunteer role and start your day knowing that you’re making a real difference to people’s lives. Feel the fulfilment of a rewarding role – working with a great team of people to support greater independence and creating more opportunities for people with learning disabilities and autism. We’re looking for extraordinary individuals to support exceptional people; if you are a champion of real choices and an advocate of real voices, get in touch today.
This role will require the volunteer to be enthusiastic about gardening and working with residents and staff in a creative manner. We would like to create a space for residents to enjoy and grow their own vegetables but also look at expanding the garden in more creative ways. Do you think you can help and give something back to the local community?
What will I be doing?
To help plant and maintain the gardens, main tasks include:
• Planting Pruning Sowing Seeds Weeding
• Edging Borders Digging Ground Clearance Grass Cutting
• Previous gardening experience or gardening knowledge.
• Enthusiasm to work in the gardens and work with people who have learning disabilities.
• Moderate level of fitness.
Within the outdoor space of the service
• ‘On the job’ training.
• Optional training courses.
The Volunteer Gardener role offers:
• Opportunities to learn new gardening skills and gain more gardening experience.
• Creating a haven for residents that have learning disabilities.
• Opportunities to make new friends.
• Satisfaction of helping to maintain the gardens.
• Assisting staff and becoming part of care friendly team that help vulnerable people.
All expenses are reimbursed