The Bread and Butter Thing runs mobile affordable food clubs, supporting people in low income communities to feed themselves and their families well. Every week we offer our members access to fruit and veg, cupboard staples and fridge favourites at deeply discounted prices. But that is just the start.
Our mission is to unleash the power of food and ignite long-lasting change in struggling neighbourhoods across the UK. We build bridges out of food deserts, bringing nutritious, affordable food to the centre of the UK’s most deprived communities and nourish them. We change lives. And we give voice to the people who use us – our members. We are the everyday – the bread and butter - baked into the heart of our communities.
We need you as a volunteer driver, you play a key part in what we do by helping us collect all of the wonderful food from our partners!
This role is based in Chilton but open to all of Durham and surrounding towns to apply - We Pay Travel Expenses!!
• Support the TBBT warehouse team to maintain their stock levels via pick-ups and collections from our partner sites – this could be anywhere!
• Return any trays or crates that our suppliers may have loaned to us – or help us clear our recycling.
• Positively represent TBBT and maintain relationships with key partners in the community whilst carrying out driving duties.
• Maintain a safe driving culture whilst working in the community – the vans have our brand on the side and we’ll be driving around our communities!
• Help us by keeping the vans clean, safe and legal through reporting any concerns immediately to the Regional Management Team.
Driving licence is needed and delivery experience a bonus but not an essential to do the role.
Our team is passionate and motivated by getting our members affordable and nutritious food and we welcome people that can share these values.
The warehouse is open Monday - Friday, from 7.00am to 6.00pm
From our TBBT Warehouse
Unit 21, Chilton Industrial Estate
Access to Employee training and support from the Head of Region.
Any relevant expenses discussed at induction.
Employability experience including delivery driving and references as requested.