You will be taking visually impaired and blind people to activities and events around County Durham. This will mainly be to our monthly social meetings and monthly book club which are held in Durham City. In addition, during the summer months we have days out and during the course of the year, other ad hoc events.
You will be collecting/picking up visually impaired or blind people from their homes, providing sighted guidance where appropriate, and driving them to venues and then taking them home again. You would be very welcome to stay for the length of the meeting/events (2 hours max) and participate or help out.
Full driving licence
Access to a vehicle - preferably with 4 doors
Ability to get on and interact with people
The main times are:
- First Monday of the month - Book Club at Durham City
- Second Monday of the month - Social Meeting at Durham City
- Third Friday of the month - Blind Veterans Life Together at Ferryhill
- Reasonable Out of Pocket Expences and mileage
- An Induction
- Blind Awareness Training and Disability Awareness
- Continual support
- Meet and socialise with new people
- Gain new skills
- Blind and disability awareness
- Make new friends
We are a friendly pro-active group of blind and partially sighted people that meet regularly at events where we have chats, listen to speakers and have plently of laughs. It is all about What We Can Do.