The cancer awareness champion will contribute to tackling cancer related inequalities by supporting cancer awareness workers, development of targeted / focussed community population to improve symptom awareness and reduce barriers to cancer screening and improve uptake and support on early diagnosis.
• Work alongside the cancer awareness worker.
• Actively engage with and promote the national symptom awareness & cancer awareness annual calendar.
• Help with booking in awareness events, information stands/ days within your local area.
• Share the workshop diaries and help to deliver sessions.
• Provide support to individuals with concerns.
• Tailor support to suit the needs of local groups.
• Increase public confidence in signs and symptoms.
• To provide advice and refer, according to specific needs.
• To listen sympathetically to concerns and to work out solutions for the issues.
• Have some knowledge of media, facebook, twitter and Instagram.
• Be available to attend training sessions online or face to face when possible.
• Good communicating and listening skills
• Have some knowledge of cancer and your local area.
• A friendly approach manner with an ability to encourage & motivate
• Flexible to assist with evening and weekend work
• May need to be physically fit to stand all day at events or distribute leaflets.
• Have the confidence to engage with people.
The Cancer Awareness Team work 5 days per week with some evening and weekend work.
The working hours are flexible to what you want to dedicate.