Could you spare two hours a week to volunteer as our Bookkeeper? We would love someone to start as soon as possible. You do not need to have been a bookkeeper or treasurer of an organisation before. For smaller churches, such as ourselves, in many respects it is not dissimilar from keeping good control of household finances and the Diocese of Durham can provide training.
The basic role of the bookkeeper is to:
• Monitor and record all items of income and expenditure
• Liaise closely with the PCC treasurer
• Assist with reclaiming gift aid
• Prepare the annual accounts each year
• Assist the Board of Trustees (PCC) in setting an annual budget
• Advise the PCC of the financial position against budget through quarterly reports
• Provide general financial information to the PCC.
We are looking for someone who shares our vision and ethos as a church and charity. Good financial acumen and attention to detail is essential. You will be able to use a computer and be comfortable using Microsoft Excel. Experience of fund accounting would be helpful but more so a willingness to learn. Accountancy experience would be desirable but not essential.
As soon as possible. Remote working. We are based in East Durham.
Expenses provided if needed. Training and support are available from our Diocesan Giving Team and you will become a member of the Association of Church Accountants and Treasurers (ACAT).
You will be joining a proactive and loving family committed to the gospel. You will be helping to secure the future of our church and charity which will have a positive impact on our beneficiaries, many of whom are suffering the effects of multiple levels of deprivation.
The age requirement for a treasurer/bookkeeper is 18 years old and over.