The role of the Daft as a Brush Driver is the safe and timely collection of the patient from a predetermined point to the location of their treatment, which is predominantly but not exclusively the Freeman Hospital.
Working as part of a team with your designated Companion, you will ensure that the patient is transported in a comfortable and caring environment.
Transporting patients to their cancer treatment at the Freeman Hospital, Newcastle.
• Age limits - minimum 25 years, maximum 75 years.
• Effective communication skills, written and oral.
• Well organised, with an attention to time management and detail.
• Fitness level to be able to get in and out of a larger vehicle, and support others in doing the same.
• Able to handle difficult and sensitive situations with empathy and tact.
• Able to commit to full days of volunteering, occasionally starting and finishing at an unsociable hour.
• Proficient in driving a larger vehicle in built up areas, with passengers, and across the region.
• Provide regular availability to volunteer.
• Able to access emails at home and use a mobile phone/computer.
• No medical conditions which adversely affect your ability to drive.
• Hold a full UK car license.
Transport schedules will be based in area local to driver, transporting patients to Newcastle.
Full training provided.