GFS Activity Leaders are people who want help deliver fun and inspiring sessions to girls and young women, with the opportunity to lead on certain tasks. Activity Leaders support the Group Leader closely with the day-to-day activities of running a group.
• Interacting with girls and young women weekly, to make them feel supported, encouraged and ready to try new things.
• Helping plan and run activities for the girls, organising any materials needed for the sessions and helping with set up, tidy up and refreshments
• Attending termly planning meetings to share ideas and help create a programme with the volunteer team
• Leading on activities as agreed with the volunteer team
• Helping with First Aid or Food Hygiene in the group as needed
• Taking the register, collecting subs from the girls, recording weekly income and expenses
• Posting photos of activities on the group’s facebook page
• Promoting the group locally by putting up posters/ handing out fliers
• Keeping the group environment safe and tidy
• Understanding GFS policy and procedures and follow them, especially safeguarding
• Happy to be a supportive member of the volunteer team, helping out wherever needed and communicating with fellow volunteers about availability
• A passion for building the confidence of girls and young women through fun and inspiring activities
• Ideas for activities to run with girls or a willingness to learn about how to plan and run activities
• Willing to take a training course in First Aid or Food Hygiene
• Help with creating good relationships with parents through social media and face to face
• Help to report and safeguarding or wellbeing concerns to GFS staff as soon as possible
GFS Groups usually run on a week day evening during term time.
We provide training for our volunteers and cover reasonable travel expenses.
Gain skills and experience to work with girls and young women
A reference on request on completion of successfully volunteering for around a year
Access to free training and DBS
Access to a friendly network of volunteers throughout Durham and the North East
Reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses
Invitation to an annual volunteer event
For our roles that work directly with girls, we can only accept female volunteers under the provisions of the Equality Act 2010.
This role requires a DBS check which is paid for by GFS