To drive the Age UK County Durham van to collect donated items and deliver bulky items purchased from our charity outlets
• To collect donated items, including furniture, from the general public, from Age UK County Durham donation bins and from organisations as required.
• To deliver large items to customers as required.
• To assist in loading and unloading the vehicle.
• To assist in moving furniture in the warehouse as required.
• To maintain clear and accurate records, including gift aid forms.
• To ensure that the van is in working order, paying particular attention to adequate fuel levels, oil, etc. and following the Health and Safety guidelines
reporting any damage to your line manager.
• To promote and apply all Age UK County Durham’s policies and in particular the Health and Safety Policy.
• To use any personal protective equipment as required.
• To wear shop uniform.
Full, clean driving licence
County Durham, hours and days may vary
Volunteers are required to complete the organisation’s volunteer induction and any other training identified as applicable to this role. The organisation provides appropriate insurance for all volunteers whilst they are undertaking their role. However, it is your responsibility to inform your car insurance provider that you will be using your car to carry out voluntary work. Travel expenses are available.
• An opportunity to learn new skills and use them to benefit others
• Work experience and a work reference
• A chance to meet new people
• An opportunity to contribute to and be part of the organisation
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups.
This role may be subject to a DBS check.
For more information, email us at email@example.com