We are now welcoming new applications for the role of Trustee at Citizens House.
Citizens House has served the community of Consett since 1948 when it was established with a grant from the American Federation of Labour to support post-war recovery and development in the area. Following a period of disrepair, and with support from Durham County Council and others, the Citizens House Trustees and supporters secured a £650,000 grant from the Big Lottery. The building was demolished in August 2018 and has now been replaced with a fantastic new purpose-built centre on the same site. The new Citizens House provides space for a wide range of activities to enhance the well-being of local people and enrich community life open to all citizens including those who are disadvantaged, vulnerable or isolated. As we now enter our next exciting phase of development, we are looking for additional Trustees who want to help us move things forward. We are a friendly team of Trustees and while being a Trustee conveys a degree of responsibility, we are sure a lot of satisfaction can be derived from the role.
• Having an overall strategic vision helping us to ensure that all we do is aimed at providing and enhancing value to our local community
• A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to the role albeit we would not expect this to impact detrimentally on your personal life
• Helping us to ensure procedures are followed so that we comply with statutory and legal requirements
• Assisting us with the oversight of resources to ensure they are utilised in an effective way to meet our charity’s objectives whilst retaining our financial stability
• A commitment to the organisation and the protection of its reputation
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team having an independent judgement and being prepared to share your views
• An understanding and acceptance of your own legal duties and responsibilities of being a Trustee
Citizens House, Station Rd, Consett DH8 5RL
For all new Trustees full training will be provided which will include the following key topics amongst others.
1. Providing an overview of your and our statutory and legal responsibilities.
2. A detailed explanation of the processes we follow to comply with these responsibilities.
3. Helping you understand our current structure with an introduction to our Chairperson and other key members of the team.
4. Tour of our building and its facilities.
If you are interested in applying for the role or just want more information to see if it is something you may be interested in, then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org