Weardale Railway has an ambitious event programme for 2023 and we are seeking individuals to jump on board and support the revenue development of this magnificent Heritage Railway. We have some exciting volunteer roles within the Ticket Office and working on board the train as a Ticket Inspector
Working in the Ticket Office and on board the train selling tickets to customers
Cash handling and using card machines for payment
Providing excellent customer service helping to provide that amazing experience that everyone will be talking about
• Over 18
• Cash handling experience
• Has customer care experience (not essential)
• Is a punctual time keeper
• Is able to follow instructions
• Team player
• Flexible –can do attitude
• Good Communicator
• Has a neat personal appearance
• Willing to undertake essential training including online modules
Stanhope Station, Weardale Railway Having a flexible approach to time management is key. We would prefer people who can commit to at least once a week, but this is a suggestion and we are happy to discuss this further with you.
You will be asked to provide and wear appropriate clothing and footwear. in line with a dress code
It’s an exciting time! Your volunteering will be directly contributing to the success of Weardale Railway as we continue to re-establish ourselves as a tourist attraction in the region.
In joining our community of custodians, you should find that every time you volunteer, you will be setting off on an adventure, where you can achieve a sense of wellbeing, which may well include: --feeling good, smiling lots, finding or enhancing skills, meeting new people, achieving a sense of purpose and having fun. It may well be an opportunity to rediscover/discover you
What’s in it for me?
· The chance be part of something special
· Experience, challenge, a development and ‘CV-building’ opportunity – ‘a chance to grow’
· Meet new people, being social, camaraderie
· Learn new skills as well as continuing to use old ones
volunteers with The Auckland Project (TAP ) have access during opening times to the Visitor attractions, Auckland Castle, Spanish gallery, Mining Art Gallery in order to understand these visitor attractions and act as an ambassador for TAP as part of being a volunteer.