Team Community Supporters will contribute to the provision of local wellbeing and psychological support for Covid-19 specific mental health and emotional wellbeing across County Durham by assisting the Covid-19 Resilience Team workers in the delivery of focused outreach work to local people and communities in a range of settings.
• Work with Covid-19 Resilience team
• Provide support alongside workers, to individuals who have: had Covid19, been bereaved by Covid-19 or work as a non-Health & Social key worker and have been adversely affected as a result of Covid-19
• Aid workers to promote the service, support recruitment of appropriate clients and signposting to relevant local services
• Assist in facilitation of appropriate support groups
• To listen sympathetically to concerns and to work in a solutions-focus manner to assist clients to overcome a range of barriers
• Supporting preparation and co-production of action plans and sourcing holistic package of support to enable clients to improve their mental health
• Assist in supportive contact with individuals to help goal achievement
• Carry out follow up calls to support individuals and/or service development
• Good communicating, listening and interpersonal skills
• A friendly approachable manner with an ability to encourage & motivate
• Flexible and a good team player
• Empathetic, non-judgemental with a passion for improving the community
The Covid-19 Resilience team work 5 days per week. Your working hours are flexible to what you want to dedicate.
Full Training will be provided
PCP will pay all volunteers reasonable out of pocket expenses