Team Community Supporters will contribute to the provision of local wellbeing and psychological support for mental health and emotional wellbeing across County Durham including supporting those impacted by Covid-19, by assisting the Resilience Team members in the delivery of focused outreach work to local people and communities in a range of settings.
Main tasks: (May include)
• Work with the Resilience team
• Provide support alongside resilience team members, to offer mental health and emotional wellbeing support to individuals across County Durham, including those who have been adversely impacted by the Covid 19 pandemic, had Covid19, been bereaved by Covid-19 and other personal impacts
• Aid resilience team members to promote the service, support recruitment of appropriate clients and signposting to relevant local services
• Assist in facilitation of appropriate support groups
• To listen sympathetically to concerns and to work in a solutions-focus manner to assist clients to overcome a range of barriers
• Supporting preparation and co-production of action plans and sourcing holistic package of support to enable clients to improve their mental health
• Assist in supportive contact with individuals to help goal achievement and/or service development
• Good communicating, listening and interpersonal skills
• A friendly approachable manner with an ability to encourage & motivate
• Flexible and a good team player
• Empathetic, non-judgemental with a passion for improving the community
The Covid-19 Resilience team work 5 days per week. Your working hours are flexible to what you want to dedicate.
Full Training will be provided
PCP will pay all volunteers reasonable out of pocket expenses