“When you choose to join us, you’re choosing more than just a volunteer role…. you’re choosing to make a difference”
We are looking for a volunteer to help us improve our use of social media across our Young Carers and LGBT+ services. As a Social Media Research Volunteer, you will look over the services existing Facebook and Instagram accounts and speak to service users, staff and the community; you will then create a report, summarising your findings and producing an action plan to set out our next steps. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a meaningful difference to our services.
We are looking for a volunteer to research our use of social media.
The role would involve speaking to a range of people (staff, service users, local and wider community and other professionals) to find out how best to use social media for engagement and what content people seek and expect.
Once the research is complete, a paper would be written summarising the findings and proposals for our use of social media moving forward.
Some of our young people will be in education or employment so please be aware contact with them may need to be made out-of-hours.
• Experience of using social media platforms
• Confident communicator
• Able to work on own initiative and to instruction
• Able to engage people effectively
• Genuine interest in capturing people’s thoughts
• Ability to maintain professional boundaries and adhere to Humankind policies.
• An understanding of Humankind – information is available on our website and
you can call a specific project to make enquiries
• A genuine interest in being part of the mission and vision of Humankind
• Applicants must be able to complete some mandatory training online and
attend supervision as required.
• Experience of carrying out research
• Experience of report writing
Flexible remote role (working from home)
Induction Training, Regular Supervision, Mental Health and Wellbeing support
Employee Assistance Programme, Learning & Development Opportunities,
If you wish to apply for this role, please visit this link https://humankind.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN376
Please note, you will be required to provide 2 references and will be asked to interview for this position.