If you are a ‘people person’ who would enjoy getting creative with merchandising displays, has a keen eye for detail and would like to help us raise more funds to help protect wildlife then we would love to hear from you! View the role description for more information.
• Being a welcoming face at our visitor centres and helping to recruit new members
• Answering general queries about the reserve and the Trust
• Assisting visitors with purchases, ensuring shop is neat and tidy
• Packaging online shop orders
• Handling card and cash transactions through a digital till (training will be given)
• Completing stock checks
What skills do I need?
• An interest in and enthusiasm for wildlife
• Team worker with initiative
• Good communication skills
• Reliable and hardworking
• Friendly and welcoming nature
Rainton Meadows Nature Reserve, Mallard Way, Houghton-le-Spring, DH4 6PU
Full training will be given. As part of our volunteer team you will be included in wider volunteer training, celebration and gratitude events.
What will you get out of it?
• Confidence and experience in a retail environment
• On the job training relevant to tasks undertaken
• Become a valued member of a professional team
• Improved communication skills
• Helping to raise money for wildlife conservation from Tees to Tyne
• Opportunity to learn/enhance/share local knowledge of wildlife and conservation
• Friendship and socialisation
Volunteers should be 18 and over. Rainton Meadows Shop is wheelchair accessible.
*Volunteers will be directed to register on Durham Wildlife Trust's volunteering portal (volunteer.durhamwt.com) before commencing volunteering.