To assist the Shop Manager to provide a high quality retail service in the shop and providing excellent customer service.
To assist with receiving and processing stock and promoting the services of Age UK County Durham.
· Assist and serve customers and signpost visitors to the Information and Advice Service when required.
· Assist in signing customers up for Gift Aid.
· Provide excellent customer service at all times.
· Assist with processing stock; including moving, sorting, steaming, tagging, pricing, weighing and storing goods as appropriate.
· To be involved with the till operation when requested and the handling of cash.
· Ensuring the shop is clean and tidy at all times.
· To promote public understanding of the work of Age UK County Durham and the role that the shop plays in raising funds.
· Dependable and trustworthy.
· Have an outgoing personality and enjoy meeting new people.
· Enjoy working as part of a team.
· An understanding of the feelings and needs of older people.
· An open-minded and non-judgemental approach.
· Willingness to undertake training.
Opportunities are available in our Durham Superstore, Belmont Industrial Estate and Hidden Boutique, Durham City.
You must be able to give a regular commitment to the shop of four or more hours per week. A variety of shift patterns are available within the opening hours of 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Saturday and 9.00am – 4.00pm Sundays and Bank Holidays.
We encourage volunteers to stay for a minimum period of six months to make full use of the training and support offered.
Ongoing training and support is given and out of pocket expenses are available.
· An opportunity to learn new skills and use them to benefit others.
· Work experience and a work reference.
· A chance to meet new people.
· An opportunity to contribute to and be part of the organisation.
This volunteer role may be subject to a Basic DBS check.
Volunteers need to be 18 years or over.