To provide a friendly atmosphere for older people taking part in Age UK County Durham's activities so that they can meet together and enjoy a variety of activities and each other’s company.
- Provide a warm welcome to each person who comes to take part in the project’s activities
-Complete registers and other paperwork for each event/activity
- Take money and record payment for each person attending the activity
- Encourage social interaction between members by being a friendly face and a helping hand
- Assist other volunteers/staff in preparing the venue for the activities and leaving it tidy at the end of the day.
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Have an outgoing personality and enjoy meeting new people
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- A liking for and empathy with older people
- An understanding of the feelings and needs of older people
-An open-minded and non-judgemental approach.
Activities usually take place once a month. Volunteers will be needed 2 – 4 hours each month depending on the duration of the activity. We encourage volunteers to stay for a minimum period of 6 months or the duration of a project, to make full use of the training and support offered.
Volunteers are currently needed in Barnard Castle and Wolsingham areas.
Volunteers may be required to complete training in
- Health & Safety
- Any other training identified as applicable to this role
- An opportunity to learn new skills and use them to benefit others
- Work experience and a work reference
- A chance to meet new people
- An opportunity to contribute to and be part of the organisation.
This volunteer role will be subject to a basic or enhanced DBS check dependent upon the service provided to the client(s).