Bring your passion for wildlife and conservation and join our volunteer team at Durham Wildlife Trust as a Low Barns Ambassador Volunteer
• Being an ambassador for Durham Wildlife Trust.
• To provide a warm welcome and friendly helpful customer service.
• To work with staff members to keep retail shop stock and bird food tidy and
• Talk with customers, share information regarding all our projects & activities.
• Where appropriate, give directions, tours and advice about the site.
• Helping to keep entrance areas and bathrooms clean and tidy and keep the visitor
centre looking welcoming.
• Help to recruit new members.
What skills do I need?
• An interest in and enthusiasm for wildlife.
• You will have a friendly & cheerful nature and enjoy helping people from all walks of
• To be honest, reliable and adaptable to undertake the variety of tasks involved.
• Provide customers with the best possible service
• To know when to refer a customer to a member of staff
• Work under pressure at busy times.
Low Barns Nature Reserve, Witton-le-Wear, DL14 0AG
• Opportunities to volunteer are available from Monday to Sunday, mornings and afternoons. Exact hours will be negotiated and agreed to suit both the volunteer and Trust.
Full training will be given. As part of our volunteer team you will be included in wider volunteer training, celebration and gratitude events.
What will you get out of it?
• Learn about different wildlife and the work of Durham Wildlife Trust.
• Gain confidence in speaking to people.
• Helping to raise income for wildlife conservation from Tees to Tyne.
• Be part of a wonderful team of staff and volunteers.
Volunteers should be 18 and over.
*Volunteers will be directed to register on Durham Wildlife Trust's volunteering portal (volunteer.durhamwt.com) before commencing volunteering.