The Secretary supports the Exec meetings and AGM by taking minutes and sending out agendas.
Act as Secretary to the Group Scout Council.
Act as Secretary to the Group Executive Committee.
Work closely with and support the Group Chair.
Support with the completion of the Group annual census return.
Maintain records and lists of members and associate members as required for the effective administration of the Scout Group.
Ensure documents are kept in a safe place and there is a full recovery of all files stored electronically.
Maintain effective communication with the District Secretary.
Be a full and active member of the Group Executive Committee.
Work alongside the Group Executive Committee in producing the Scout Group’s Annual Report.
Details on these roles can be found at:
• And at https://www.scouts.org.uk/volunteers/running-things-locally/executive-committees/trustee-roles-and-responsibilities/a-guide-for-the-group-secretary/
Good organisational skills.
This can be a home-based volunteer role with attendance at biannual meetings and as required.
Training and support given as required.
Volunteering with us is both fun and rewarding. It offers the opportunity to develop a range of skills and attributes which are transferable to the workplace, such as confidence, social and organisational skills and team-working. You can make a difference, feel good, and it’s great for personal development, social responsibility, as well as enhancing your CV. No two weeks are ever the same.
• Make friends and meet people
• Get creative and try new things
• Get outdoors, get stuck in and rediscover adventure
• Challenge yourself
• Positively impact your community
• Create vital opportunities for young people
• Make memories that'll last a lifetime
• Being part of an inspirational and international movement.
We need new volunteers to support all our Sections as we have a small leadership team of only one Scout Leader / two Cub Leaders / one Beaver Leader and two Beaver Section Assistants. We also have a fabulous parent who helps to maintain the hut and grounds.
We have other roles for adults who prefer to volunteer for Beavers (6-8 years), Cub Scouts (8-10 years) and Scouts (10-14 years) or as a general Trustee.