We are looking for people who are great communicators and who can lead, manage and support others.
We are seeking people who are interested in supporting a team of volunteers and who will work closely with, and in support of, our Visitor Operations Supervisor Team. This role will actively support a team of retail/front of people to deliver the agreed visitor experience. Supporting and influencing a high quality retail offer.
This could be an ideal opportunity for an individual who wants to progress their career in management or maintain skills already learnt.
• Providing briefings for the retail team and being the primary point of contact for that team whilst they are on their volunteering shift.
• Liaising with the retail team leader and visitor operations supervisors to resolve operational issues as they arise and escalating where appropriate.
• Following and giving instructions
• Supporting the Retail Team Leader and visitor operations supervisors by being the first point of contact in dealing with visitor complaints, taking appropriate action in line with our complaints procedure and referring to the supervisor team as necessary.
• Responsible for passing visitor feedback to the supervisor team via our feedback process. Checking that the presentation throughout all the retail areas meets our agreed standard and responding where standards are not met. EG clean and safe, functioning correctly, reporting any problems through the appropriate channels.
• Being part of ongoing development, including being part of preparation and delivery of training and briefing sessions.
• Supporting the retail team leader to complete stock takes, retail displays and making sure the daily tasks checklists are completed in each venue.
• Supporting the retail and front of house team to cash up.
• Liaising with the Volunteer Coordinator and Retail lead regarding development/training opportunities for retail volunteers
• Is over 18
• Is a punctual time keeper
• Has a cheerful and out-going personality.
• Is a great organiser
• Understands Customer Experience and what it should look like
• Has leadership experience (and loves to share skills and knowledge)
• Is willing to help with a variety of tasks, having a can-do attitude
• Is a good communicator
• Has the ability to show initiative and to switch task at short notice when the need arises
• Is IT competent (on line training, radios, ticket scanning, tills)
• Is willing to undertake mandatory training, and progress their knowledge and understanding
• Has the ability to be non-judgemental and acknowledge an individual's right to space and opinions
• Has a neat personal appearance
• Is responsible, discreet and trustworthy
• Is Health and Safety aware, diligent and security-conscious
This role will function over the opening times of our Visitor Attractions
Having a flexible approach to time management is key. We would prefer people who can commit to volunteering at least once a week particularly in this role. You will be asked to provide and wear appropriate clothing and footwear, role/activity dependent.
The Auckland Project is unable to reimburse travel expenses.
volunteers with The Auckland Project (TAP ) have access during opening times to the Visitor attractions, Auckland Castle, Spanish gallery, Mining Art Gallery in order to understand these visitor attractions and act as an ambassador for TAP as part of being a volunteer.