We are seeking front of house/Retail (which includes the gift shop) volunteers who will welcome and spend time helping our visitors to acquire that wonderful memento that supports the creation of memories of their visit. This role will be part of a team of volunteers delivering our full gift shop offer across multiple sites, which also includes front of house in certain venues.
A trip to the gift shop is an important part of the visitor experience. These vital volunteers will be delighting our visitors with their knowledge and friendly service.
• Undertaking all training and briefings required for the role
• Performing efficient and accurate transactions on the till (full training and support given)
• Processing ticket sales
• Unpacking deliveries and display stock in a creative and enticing way alongside existing stock. (Full coaching, visual guidelines and a promotional calendar will be devised to support with this.)
• Maintaining a clean and safe environment
• Taking the time to get to know the products on sale learn about the historic settings that the gift shops are in and how they relate to the products on sale
• Providing information about the wider Auckland Project.
• Dealing with customer queries
• Is over 18
• Is a punctual time keeper
• Has a positive approach and has a warm personality
• Has customer care experience (not essential)
• Has retail experience (not essential)
• Is able and willing to follow instructions
• Is Health & Safety Conscious
• Will be able to keep calm in all situations
• Is IT competent (use of Till and radios)
• Can be good team player
• Can be a good communicator
• Has a neat personal appearance
• Has the ability to be non-judgemental and acknowledge an individual's right to space
• Ideally is First aid trained (but this is desirable not a
The Auckland Project Bishop Auckland areas to cover are Auckland Castle/ The Mining Art Gallery/Spanish Gallery a rota system will ensure a varied experience in all venues.
In joining our community of custodians, you should find that every time you volunteer, you will be setting off on an adventure, where you can achieve a sense of wellbeing, which may well include: - feeling good, smiling lots, finding or enhancing skills, meeting new people, achieving a sense of purpose and having fun. It may well be an opportunity to rediscover/discover you.
You will be asked to provide and wear appropriate clothing and footwear, role/activity dependent. Dress code will be advised
The Auckland Project is unable to reimburse travel expenses.