Interested in gardening? Could you share your skills to help your local Community Centre?
Join our wonderful team of Gardening Volunteers and make a difference today.
We are looking for Gardening Volunteers to join our team to maintain the outdoor areas and to create an attractive, welcoming exterior. We also have raised beds which may also be suitable to gardeners with limited mobility.
• Gardening tasks include planting, pruning, weeding, watering, mulching, cutting back, potting and composting etc.
• Help grow vegetables for the community café/the wider community to use
• To provide an environment in which respect and consideration are shown to all.
Comply with Health and Safety requirements: ensure tools are safe and used appropriately, ensure tools cleaned and areas left safe and secure at end of day
Ideally you should have:
• An interest in gardening
• Knowledge of basic gardening
• An awareness of health & safety issues in the outdoors and in the use of gardening equipment
South Stanley Partnership
St. Stephen's Centre
Holly Hill Gardens East
Hours and days can be flexible to suit you
Full travel expenses will be provided
Full volunteer induction along with regular supervision will be given
South Stanley Partnership is a registered charity, much of what we do relies upon volunteers who give their time and energy to help out. By volunteering with us you will have;
• The opportunity to use your skills to complement our work
• The chance to meet new people and make new friends
• The chance to be part of an enthusiastic team at the heart of our local community
• The chance to grow your confidence and learn new skills
Volunteering with us is open to anyone age 14 and above.
The role can split down to the tasks you can do.