Bring your passion for wildlife and conservation and join our volunteer team at Durham Wildlife Trust as a Fundraising Volunteer. View the role description for more information.
• Supporting the income generation team with their fundraising and events.
• Manage collection tins in designated locations in your patch –deliver, collect, count and thank
• Talking to members of the public about membership, joining in with our fundraising events and generally being a voice for Durham Wildlife Trust
• Be part of our fundraising committee, who meet monthly and come up with new fundraising ideas
• Help to organise fundraising events –from walks and runs to bungee jumps and bake sales
• Being a welcoming face at our visitor centres and helping to recruit new members
• Use your own personal and business networks to spread the word about the work of Durham Wildlife Trust
What skills do I need?
• An interest in and enthusiasm for wildlife
• Good initiative and ability to recognise an opportunity
• Good communication skills and confidence in speaking to people
• Reliable and hardworking
• The ability to organise and empower people to take action
How much time should I give?
*We are looking currently for individuals for weekends and school holidays.
As part of our volunteer team you will be included in wider volunteer training, celebration and gratitude events.
What will you get out of it?
• Learn about different wildlife and the work of Durham Wildlife Trust
• Gain confidence in speaking to people
• Helping to raise income for wildlife conservation from Tees to Tyne
• Be part of a wonderful team of staff and volunteers
• Friendship and socialisation
Volunteers should be 18 and over.
*Volunteers will be directed to register on Durham Wildlife Trust's volunteering portal (volunteer.durhamwt.com) before commencing volunteering.