To provide personalised support that will enable older people to develop skills and knowledge to comfortably use computers according to their own needs and interest
• Deliver personalised support to older people through the provision of 1:1 support in community venues, client’s homes and group workshops.
• Liaise with the Digital Outreach Worker to be matched with older people for whom the Volunteer Digital Champion is best placed to provide support (based on interests, skills and competencies and availability)
• Understand the specific needs and goals of the individual engaging with support, including their existing confidence and skills.
• Create personalised session plans for clients, using pre-existing templates and resources.
• Collect monitoring information from client’s sessions and share with the Project Coordinator as applicable.
• Support for the aims of Age UK County Durham
• To work within Age UK County Durham’s confidentiality policy and other working codes of practice
• Experience of using computers/laptops/tablets/smartphones etc.
• Knowledge of various IT packages and a wide range of popular applications
• Good interpersonal skills, both written and oral
• Record keeping skills
• Experience of dealing with the public
• Dependable and trustworthy
• Have an outgoing personality and enjoy meeting new people
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• A liking for and empathy with older people
• An understanding of the feelings and needs for older people
• An open-minded and non-judgemental approach
• Willingness to undertake training
Volunteers are required to complete the organisation’s volunteer induction and any other training identified as applicable to this role
• An opportunity to learn new skills and use them to benefit others
• Work experience and a work reference
• A chance to meet new people
• An opportunity to contribute to and be part of the organisation
Please contact Age UK County Durham by email at email@example.com if you would like more information about this volunteering opportunity