Do you have an interest in arts and crafts and would be willing to share these skills with others? We are looking for a volunteer with experience of a varied range of arts and crafts to assist at a newly formed group based in the Betjamin Centre at Stanley.
· To promote and support the Arts & Craft Group at The Betjamin Centre in Stanley
· Assist with planning of activities or sessions where appropriate
· To support a regular activity for a group of older people
· To encourage social interaction between members
· To encourage members in an activity as a means of staying/keeping fit and/or healthy/encouraging mental well being
- Interested in Arts & Crafts
· Dependable and trustworthy
· Have an outgoing personality and enjoy meeting new people
· Enjoy working as part of a team
· A liking for and empathy with older people
· An understanding of the feelings and needs for older people
· An open-minded and non-judgemental approach
· Willingness to undertake training
Weekly at The Betjamin Centre, Stanley.
Day to be confirmed.
Volunteers are required to complete training
· Health & Safety
· Lone Working
· Winter Driving
· Any other training identified as applicable to this role
The organisation provides appropriate insurance for all volunteers whilst they are undertaking their role. Travel expenses are available and will be paid up to a pre-agreed limit.
· An opportunity to learn new skills and use them to benefit others
· Work experience and a work reference
· A chance to meet new people
· An opportunity to contribute to and be part of the organisation.