To prepare, cook and serve a range of hot and cold food to customers of the cafe and warm hub.
- Preparing and cooking a range of hot and cold food, such as sandwiches, cakes, coffees, snacks and cooked breakfasts.
- Keeping the kitchen and dining area clean, tidy and hygienic.
- Taking customer orders at the counter and handling cash and card payments.
- Maintaining high standards of personal hygiene and personal presentation.
- Offering friendly conversation to those customers who use our service who may be lonely or feeling isolated.
Please note that if you are suited to some of these duties over others then please do still apply as duties and responsibilities can be split between other staff and volunteers depending on individual's strengths and preferences. i.e. if you prefer a more back of house role or customer facing role then this could be accommodated.
None required as full training will be provided.
Lanchester Community Cafe and Warm Hub which is located within Lanchester Community Centre, Newbiggen Lane, Lanchester, DH7 0PB
Formal training will be provided on food safety/hygiene, health and safety, and food allergens.
Ongoing training on the duties and responsibilities will be provided.
- Uniform and PPE will be provided.
- A free meal and refreshments will be provided to all volunteers on shift.
- Training on food hygiene, health and safety and food allergens will be provided.
- Further ongoing professional development opportunities available including L2 Food Safety
Lanchester Community Cafe are a not for profit organisation which aims to provide free tea and coffee and a warm space to those in need this winter. Low cost, home cooked food will also be available to all in the community to purchase.