The partnership has been able to bring the former St. Stephen's Church Hall back into use as a community facility and works with the local authority and other organisations to help bring much needed services and events to the area. Within the community centre you'll find our community café, which is run by dedicated staff and volunteers to provide affordable home cooked meals in Stanley and surrounding areas.
We are looking for volunteers to help us run our café to enable us to provide freshly prepared food at affordable prices
As a café volunteer your tasks would include;
• Assisting the café team in day to day running of the cafe.
• Serving meals to customers
• Help to keep the tables and surrounding areas clean and tidy
• Taking orders, operate the till and handle payment.
• Help to prepare food
To do this role you should have
• An interest in working in a café/ kitchen/ customer service role
• Willingness to complete Food Hygiene and other training that may be needed
• Friendly and welcoming personality
• Be a team player
South Stanley Partnership
St. Stephen's Centre
Holly Hill Gardens East
Hours and days can be flexible to suit you
Full travel expenses will be provided
Food hygiene training will be provided
Full volunteer induction along with regular supervision will be given
South Stanley Partnership is a registered charity, much of what we do relies upon volunteers who give their time and energy to help out. By volunteering with us you will have;
• The opportunity to use your skills to complement our work
• The chance to meet new people and make new friends
• The chance to be part of an enthusiastic team at the heart of our local community
• The chance to grow your confidence and learn new skills
Volunteering with us is open to anyone age 14 and above. Some tasks may require you to be over 16/18
The role can split down to the tasks you can do.