Joining the Bishop Kitchen Café team at The Auckland Project is an opportunity to provide a friendly welcome, and serve lovingly made beverages, snacks and meals to our visitors. In addition, visitors will be provided with information that will help to make their experience one to remember from start to finish.
Your gift of time will give us the opportunity to ‘grow’ our team and continue to develop an offer that supports the development of Bishop Auckland.
Undertaking ongoing training and briefings
Meeting and greeting visitors
Delivering high quality customer service
Making and serving drinks in line with Hygiene standards
Making and serving delicious snacks and meals
Taking card and cash payment
Maintaining and cleaning the space for our visitors
Become knowledgeable about our visitor attractions and activities
We are looking for someone who:
• Is over 18
• Is a punctual time keeper
• Has some experience of dealing with customers/visitors/guests (not essential)
• Can and is willing to follow instructions
• Is Health & Safety conscious
• Can be a good team player
• Can be a good communicator
• Is willing to undertake basic mandatory training
• Is able to be flexible
• Has a neat personal appearance
• Has the ability to be non-judgemental and acknowledge an individual's right to space
• Ideally is First aid trained (but this is desirable not a requirement)
Having a flexible approach to time management is key. We would prefer people who can commit to at least once a week, but this is a suggestion and we are happy to discuss this further with you.
Bishops Kitchen Café is situated in the historic Auckland Castle
You will be asked to provide and wear appropriate clothing and footwear; a dress code exists for this role. The Auckland Project is unable to reimburse travel expenses.
It’s an exciting time! Your volunteering will be directly contributing to the regeneration of Bishop Auckland.
In joining our community of custodians, you should find that every time you volunteer, you will be setting off on an adventure, where you can achieve a sense of wellbeing, which may well include: -
feeling good, smiling lots, finding or enhancing skills, meeting new people, achieving a sense of purpose and having fun. It may well be an opportunity to rediscover/discover you.