Do you have a little time to spare each week to become a Volunteer Befriender?
We are currently looking for friendly people to support our residents in and around the local community.
As a Befriender you can support our residents by support g with social activities, going to community events, to the local cinema, drowse around the shops or just having a cuppa and a chat.
• To provide friendship and support to a resident/s
• To assist resident to develop further social contacts including links with the local community e.g. joining clubs, attending education classes or community events
• To support a resident to go shopping
• To escort a resident to go for a coffee in one of the local cafes
• Be honest and trustworthy
• Be caring and empathetic
• Be a good listener
• Have good communication skills
• Respect confidentiality
• Be reliable
• Be non-judgmental
Bradbury House, Crook, County Durham
• Full training
• Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
• The chance to make a difference and give back to the community.