A volunteer role that will operate in The Auckland Tower and at the Clock Tower. Auckland Tower is a hub of information and welcome, and the Clock Tower is the gateway to the castle. This volunteer role will ensure that visitors are given the best possible welcome, a big smile, information that helps them find their way to our galleries, museum spaces, park and gardens, along with other aspects of the town in and around the market place of Bishop Auckland.
• Undertaking all training and briefings required for the role
• Be the smiling friendly face for our visitors
• Signposting visitors
• Support visitors with purchasing of tickets, potential que busting
• Provide guests with tickets with initial information and inform them of any restrictions that may be in place
• Selling tickets if required
• Bag checks as required
• Communicate via radio with colleagues
• Provide tours of the Auckland Tower platform and help visitors with the lift
• Provide eyes and ears to support the day to day running of the visitor attractions
• Accessibility Assistants
• Is over 17
• A Punctual time keeper
• Can be flexible and adaptable (inside and outside activity)
• Has recent customer/visitor/guest experience
• Is able and willing to follow instructions
• Is Health & Safety conscious
• Is a good communicator
• Will be able to keep calm in difficult situations
• Is people orientated
• Enjoys being outside in all weathers.
• Is IT competent (ticket scanners, ticket sales, online rotas, online training)
• Has the ability to be non-judgemental and acknowledge an individual's right to space
• Has a neat personal appearance
• Ideally is First aid trained (this is desirable not a requirement)
The Auckland Project Bishop Auckland. The Auckland Tower and The Clock Tower
Having a flexible approach to time management is key. We would prefer people who can commit to at least once a week, but this is a suggestion and we are happy to discuss this further with you. This role will operate Wednesday to Sunday with a morning and afternoon shift pattern.
You will be asked to provide and wear appropriate clothing and footwear; a dress code will be advised
The Auckland Project is unable to reimburse travel expenses.
It’s an exciting time! Your volunteering will be directly contributing to the regeneration of Bishop Auckland.
In joining our community of custodians, you should find that every time you volunteer, you will be setting off on an adventure, where you can achieve a sense of wellbeing, which may well include: -feeling good, smiling lots, finding or enhancing skills, meeting new people, achieving a sense of purpose and having fun. It may well be an opportunity to rediscover/discover you.
What’s in it for me?
• The chance to do something different
• Experience, challenge, a development and ‘CV-building’ opportunity – ‘a chance to grow’
What’s in it for the Auckland Project?
• Enthusiastic, informed, kind, responsible people – ‘The Right Stuff’! – representing The Auckland Project
volunteers with The Auckland Project (TAP ) have access during opening times to the Visitor attractions, Auckland Castle, Spanish gallery, Mining Art Gallery in order to understand these visitor attractions and act as an ambassador for TAP as part of being a volunteer.