Dive into the world of creativity and join us in a role that's as exciting as it is imaginative! We're on the lookout for enthusiastic individuals to join forces with our Arts Officer. Get ready to be a part of something extraordinary as we embark on a journey filled with drop-in creative activities, artist workshops, and mind-blowing projects!
Are you someone whose heart beats to the rhythm of creativity? Do you dream in colours and imagine possibilities beyond the ordinary? Then, buckle up because this is the role for you! We're not just looking for volunteers; we're searching for creative trailblazers who are passionate about unleashing the power of imagination
And that's not all! Get ready to be part of something big as you support larger-than-life creative events that will leave you and others in awe. So, if you're ready to infuse your passion into a role that's bursting with possibilities, join us on this adventure and let's make creativity the star of the show
• Facilitate Arts activities for diverse groups, including schools, youth groups, and community support groups, in fact all ages!
• Collaborate with the Arts Officer in setting up activities, ensuring seamless preparation and planning.
• Lead small group sessions, bringing creativity to life for participants of all ages.
• Engage with visitors, especially families, by organizing and participating in creative sessions at the sites.
• Work closely with the Arts Officer to bring innovative and engaging elements to each session.
• Foster a positive and inclusive atmosphere during creative programs.
• Embrace a hands-on approach, actively participating in the creative process alongside participants.
Absolutely no experience or qualifications are necessary for this fantastic opportunity to acquire new skills. We believe this role is perfect for individuals who:
• Are 18 years or older
• Possess excellent communication skills, and are adept at initiating conversations with young people of all ages
• Are proactive with a positive nature
• Enthusiastic and willing to share a passion for art and crafting
• Reliable, well-presented, friendly and polite
• Comfortable collaborating as part of a team
• Are able to undertake the activity with and without supervision
We are excited to welcome people with some or all of these qualities to the team.
You choose, we will add all the opportunities to support these activities to your bespoke volunteer page once they are booked, and then you can sign up to sessions.
Don’t worry we’ve got you, with a warm welcome and some great training:
You’ll kick things off with a friendly welcome session, a great way to dive into your new adventure.
You will be asked to provide and wear appropriate clothing and footwear, role/activity dependent. The Auckland Project is unable to reimburse travel expenses.
This role will require a DBS check
It’s an exciting time! Your volunteering will be directly contributing to the regeneration of Bishop Auckland.
In joining our community of custodians, you should find that every time you volunteer, you will be setting off on an adventure, where you can achieve a sense of wellbeing, which may well include: --feeling good, smiling lots, finding or enhancing skills, meeting new people, achieving a sense of purpose and having fun. It may well be an opportunity to rediscover/discover you
What’s in it for me?
· The chance to share your love of creativity and art
· The chance to do something different
· Experience, challenge, a development and ‘CV-building’ opportunity – ‘a chance to grow’
· Responsibility and facilitation experience in a supportive environment
What’s in it for the Auckland Project?
· Enthusiastic, informed, kind, responsible people – ‘The Right Stuff’! – representing The Auckland Project
· The ability to widen our projects impact in the community
· To use creative means to inspire and transform lives of people/young people in the community on a wider scale as what is currently possible with our small team!
Volunteers are issued with an annual pass to our visitor attractions within Bishop Auckland. Regrettably we can not reimburse travel expenses at this time.