The Fells is a service within the charity Changing Lives which support individuals with housing needs. As an Art Therapist Volunteer, you will run arts and crafts sessions weekly for the residents. The purpose of the sessions is to engage the residents in a positive and creative activity.
• Run weekly arts and crafts sessions for the residents where our clients could try new things in a non-judgmental setting
• Work creatively with residents in a therapeutic setting, ensuring a safe and secure environment
• Enable residents to explore their artwork and the process they used to create it
• Create session plans and be responsible for producing weekly content for the workshops
• Offer informal support to the residents and be a friendly, regular face within the hostel
• Motivate and encourage residents to take part in art workshops
• Experience or knowledge in leading arts and crafts activities, desirable
• A keen interest in arts and crafts
• Friendly and approachable manner
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Good communication and listening skills
• Open-minded with a non-judgemental approach to addiction, homelessness and recovery
• To have awareness of working in a confidential setting
• Reliable, organised and able to keep calm under pressure
• A good sense of humour
One session per week , The Fells, Great North Road, Chester-Le-Street, DH2 3NL
Changing Lives Volunteer Induction
Supervision with contact person
Travel expenses covered
You will make a difference (directly or indirectly) to the people we work with.
You may feel satisfaction from playing a positive role in someone else's life.
You will gain valuable experience for your CV.
Volunteers over the age of 18